Copyright © 2011 Maria Capp Acting Studio. All Rights Reserved.
When Maria Capp Acting Studio Membership goes live, some of this information will always be available, but some are examples of information that will only be available to members of this studio!
Maria Capp Acting Studio Newsletters:
- "Measure for Measure" by William Shakespeare: Claudio
- "The Tempest" by William Shakespeare: Trinculo
- "Twelfth Night" by William Shakespeare: Viola
- "The Seagull" by Anton Chekhov: Konstantin
- "The Seagull" by Anton Chekhov: Masha
- "Dream Girl" by Elmer Rice: Georgie
- "Invitation to a March" by Arthur Laurents: Camilla
- "The Diary of a Scoundrel" by Alexander Ostrovsky: Gloumov
- "Fear and Misery of the Third Reich" by Bertolt Brecht: The Jewish Wife
- "Cleo, Camping, Emmanuelle and Dick" by Terry Johnson: Imogen
Broadway Workshops is a great resource for one-day workshops, summer programs, and ongoing classes!
Just because they're fantastic pieces of art and literature, doesn't mean casting directors want to hear them over and over again!
- “Waiting for Guffman,” by Christopher Guest: Libby Mae Brown’s audition
- “Assassins,” by Stephen Sondheim: “Charlie Manson” speech
- “August: Osage County,” by Tracy Letts: “That pillow was a better husband” monologue
- “The Glass Menagerie,” by Tennessee Williams
- “Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead,” by Tom Stoppard: “Lying in a box” monologue
- “Sexual Perversity in Chicago,” by David Mamet: “Girl in the flak suit” speech
- “subUrbia,” by Eric Bogosian: “Moving to New York City” speech
- “Fifth of July,” by Lanford Wilson
Online Monologue/Side Databases:
Recommended performing arts schools for your high school graduate: Academy of Art University, AMDA, American Academy of Dramatic Arts, American Conservatory Theater, Atlantic Theater Co, Boston Conservatory, Bristol Old Vic Theatre School, Broadway Dance Center, Brooklyn College, Brown Univ/Trinity Repertory, Cal Arts, California State University, Dominguez Hills, California University of Pennsylvania Department of Theater and Dance, Circle in Square Theatre School, Columbia University, DePaul University Theatre School, Desales University Performing Arts, Emory University Department of Theater Studies, Five Towns College, Fordham University, George Washington University, HB Studio, Hofstra University, Hope College, Illinois Wesleyan University, Julliard School, KD Studio Arts Conservatory, LAMDA, Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute, Maggie Flannigan Studio, Michael Howards Studios, Middlebury College, Mount St. Mary's College, Muhlenberg College, Nebraska Wesleyan University, Neghborhood Playhouse, New York Film Academy, NYU Medical Center, Pace University, PPA International, Professional Children's School Inc., Rutgers Univ/Masson Gross School, Sarah Lawrence College, Stella Adler Studio of Acting, Steps on Broadway, SVA, Syracuse University, Temple University, The Acting Studio Inc, The New School, The New York Conservatory for Dramatic Arts, The University of Tampa, UC Irvine Department of Drama, UCLA Extension Entertainment Studies, University of Marlyand, University of Michigan-Flint, University of Nebraska - Lincoln Johnny Carson School of Theatre and Film, University of North Carolina School of the Arts, University of San Diego, USC Office of Continuing Education and Summer Programs, USC School of Dramatic Arts, Vancouver Film School, Vanguard University, Vincennes University, Wellesley College, William Esper, Yale University, Young Actors Studio, National Unified. (disclaimer: always do your research. Maria Capp Acting Studio is not endorsing any schools, casting director workshops, or studios; however, many of my students have had positive results/experiences)
More educational resources from Backstage.com:
Articles I've written:
Stories on me:
Professional Unions: ( as a member of the union you may obtain a listing of franchised Talent Agents)
Acting Training (Educational and Professional)
- Michelle Danner Acting Studio (LA)
Professional Associations for Agents & Managers:
For Child Performers Work Permit and Coogan Trust:
- Biz Parentz - resources for parents with working minors
Great web resources and places for casting notices:
Online casting sites / actor profiles :
Production/Entertainment Job Sites:
Great Places to meet Industry Professionals: Certainly not all but some favorites.
- In New York -
- Actor's Connection (this is a New York based location that holds LA showcases / workshops)
- In Los Angeles -
Professional Location Renting
Self tape resources:
- A not-for-profit organization, was created with the conviction that the live theatrical arts afford a unique expression of the human condition that must be sustained and nurtured. The TDF Costume Collection provides professionally designed costumes at affordable prices.
- Advances the understanding, enjoyment, and appreciation of the art, history, technique, and technology of film, television, and digital media by presenting exhibitions, education programs, significant moving-image works, and interpretive programs, and collecting and preserving moving-image related artifacts.
Management and Talent Agents that freelance actors in NYC (Union and Non-Union)
To find more Agency and Manager Listings visit
Finding the right photographer is as personal as finding the right teacher/acting school. It is important to find the BEST and most professional too. This is a tremendous investment. Start by doing your research. Great resource is to visit the website of Reproductions Inc. They have a list of preferred headshot photographers; however not every professional headshot photographer is listed here. This is a great and your best reference to finding out what a professional actor headshot is suppose to look like.
- Reproductions (Reproductions also offers free informational seminars about the business)
- Many more listed below from previous Newsletters!
Maria Capp Acting Studio Newsletter's Featured Businesses:
Direct Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Suggested Books to Read